West Coast Swing’s popularity continues to grow and spans the globe.
Why? Here are some possible reasons:
- It’s compatible with most music you love and want to dance to socially.
- Does not require previous dance experience, although it may help progress faster.
- The follower dances along a slot, with the leader moving in and out of it to let her pass. Straightforward!
- Dancers of West Coast Swing can interpret the music in their dancing and have a “dance conversation” with their partner.
- Playfulness not only allowed but encouraged. Lots of fun to be had!
- At a social dance skills level, it takes very little to get dancing: you can expect to have your first social dance at the end of your first lesson with us!